What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information collection, use, and sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your access to and control over information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number is given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collect personally identifiable information
The personal information protection act
Obtain consent for collecting, using and disclosing personal information, except when inappropriate (for example, in an emergency or when consent would compromise the availability or accuracy of the information). Obtain the consent in a form appropriate to the kind of information concerned. If an individual modifies or withdraws his or her consent, respect those changes.
Collect personal information only for reasonable purposes and only as much as is reasonable for those purposes. Except when inappropriate, collect personal information directly from the individual concerned and inform the individual of how you will use and disclose the information.
Use and disclose personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected unless the individual consents or the act permits the use or disclosure without consent.
On request, provide an individual with information about the existence, use, and disclosure of the individual’s personal information and provide access to that information, if reasonable. On request, correct any information that is inaccurate.
Ensure that any personal information is as accurate as necessary for collection purposes; ensure that personal information is secure, and keep the information only as long as is reasonable for business and legal reasons.
Taken from a document produced by imap, Alberta Government Services and the office of the information and privacy commissioner.
This anti-spam policy (“policy”) applies to urban-realty.ca e-mail distribution services made available through the urban-realty.ca website (the “services”) and is a part of and incorporated into the urban-realty.ca terms & conditions. By using the services, you expressly agree to the terms of this policy.
Urban-realty.ca completely and unconditionally prohibits the use of the services in any manner that violates canada’s anti-spam law (casl), the united states can-spam act of 2003 or other similar laws or in any manner whatsoever that is associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial electronic communications, including without limitation e-mail (“spam”). If you try, we will immediately close your account with no refund.
- Recipients of e-mail through urban-realty.ca services: why you received the e-mail. If you received an e-mail from a sender through urban-realty.ca service, then you should have either:
- Expressly consented to receive e-mail from the sender; or
- Provided consent by implication (for example, by having an existing business or non-business relationship with the sender (“opted-in”).
- How to un-subscribe: e-mails generated through the urban-realty.ca services include a clear method for recipients to unsubscribe to future e-mails from the sender. Typically, this feature requires the recipient to simply send us an email, requesting us to stop further communications.
- Reporting violations: please promptly report any suspected violation of this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Users of the services
- No spam: no user of the services may use any services to send spam or cause spam to be delivered to any party.
- You acknowledge and agree that you may not use any of the services in any way to send, or cause to be sent any electronic communication:
- In which you have not received the express consent of the recipient to receive the electronic communication;
- Is sent from a non-specific “from” email address;
- Is unsolicited bulk, or unsolicited commercial e-mail;
- Is to any recipient who has not affirmatively opted-in to receive communications from the sending organization;
- Uses or contains invalid or forged headers;
- Uses or contains invalid or non-existent domain names;
- Employs any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
- Uses other means of deceptive addressing;
- Uses a third party’s internet domain name, or is relayed from or through a third party’s equipment, without permission of the third party;
- Contains false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contains false or misleading content; or
- Uses email that is purchased, rented, leased, or in any way bought from a third party.
2. Acknowledgment of un-subscribe procedure: urban-realty.ca includes at the end of each e-mail sent as part of the services a user-friendly and automatic procedure for an e-mail recipient to unsubscribe from the mailing list that caused such recipient to receive an e-mail through urban-realty.ca. Any e-mail recipient may unsubscribe from any mailing list at any time.
3. If urban-realty.ca in its sole discretion thinks that unauthorized or improper use is being made of the service in any way, then urban-realty.ca may, without notice, take such action as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, including without limitation blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or ip address: urban-realty.ca may immediately terminate any account on any service that it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected in any way with any e-mail that violates this policy.
Urban-realty.ca uses several methods to enforce its policy, including without limitation:
- Monitoring abuse complaints and immediately closing accounts without refunds that exceed 1 complaint per 1,000 emails sent (0.1%) limit;
- Reviewing and monitoring large list imports, including the list source, list age, collection methods, and confirmation practices;
- Pre-approving each e-mail sent to more than 5000 recipients (or, for users of less than two months, e-mails sent to more than 500 recipients);
- Automatically screening e-mail content for words commonly used in spam;
- Requiring each user to agree to the following statement prior to sending any e-mail: “i certify [by clicking “accept” below] that all recipients of this e-mail provided informed consent in writing prior to being sent this e-mail”;
- Saving a record of every e-mail that is sent to the services;
- Terminating access to the services for any user who sends spam through the services;
- Maintaining the ip address and subscription date for every user; and
- Inserting an “unsubscribe link” (described above) at the bottom of every e-mail.
Customers are required to submit their physical mailing address and a permission reminder (“you are receiving this email because you signed up for …”) for every list that is set up in a urban-realty.ca account. This information is inserted into every email sent.
Failure to enforce this policy in any given instance does not amount to a waiver of any of urban-realty.ca rights under this policy or otherwise. Unauthorized use of the services in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Isp and blacklist admin relations
Urban-realty.ca values its relationships with isps and blacklist administrators. We welcome the sharing of information regarding policies, practices and issues. If you are an isp, mail administrator or blacklist administrator and would like to get in touch with us, please e-mail [support (at) urban-realty.ca (dot) com]. And if you have any spam concerns about any particular e-mail delivered via urban-realty.ca service, please attach the e-mail, in its complete form (including headers).
Required best practices
As a user of the urban-realty.ca/call2list.com services you hereby agree to:
- Obtain the affirmative express consent of each recipient/subscriber to whom you send any electronic communication (for example, entering an email address and clicking submit or checking a box requesting emails and clicking “submit” or “continue”.);
- Keep records of all consents received from recipients/subscribers of your electronic communications;
- Include a statement in your electronic communications that the recipient/subscriber understands that he/she will receive commercial electronic communications from you;
- Include a statement in your electronic communications that the recipient/subscriber can unsubscribe and anytime;
- Include at least one piece of contact information in your electronic communications: (i) physical address; (ii) website address; and (iii) email address;
- Clearly identify yourself (the sender) in your electronic communications (identify all involved parties if sending on behalf of a third party, unless any party had not part in the determining the target recipients/subscribers or content of the electronic communications.);
- Include a working method to efficiently contact the sender (you) in your electronic communications. (do not use “no-reply” from address. A physical mailing address can be used. A functional, regularly monitored email address works best.); and
- Include a clear and working unsubscribe method in your electronic communications. (the unsubscribe method may be an email address or hyperlink. The unsubscribe method must be functional for at least 60 days after the message is sent. Subscribers/recipients cannot be charges or be required to incur costs to unsubscribe. You (the sender) must process requests without delay (not longer than 10 days).